Successful trade show? Here are 5 top tips
Are you exhibiting trade show this year? Having a successful trade show requires careful planning to help you get noticed. Try our top 5 tips to make sure your trade show is a success.
1. Put the word out – advertising should ideally begin 3 months in advance. An effective way to promote your event is by using online and offline marketing channels, from social media to printed flyers. This way, visitors will become familiar with your brand in advance.
2. Get your message right – graphics are the most effective way to communicate your brand message in all directions. Bright coloured, creative and well designed stands will help attract visitors. Why not have your logo printed onto polo shirts? It adds brand awareness when you are mingling with visitors throughout the show.
3. Create a relaxed atmosphere – in addition to having the right look and appealing design, you should aim to make your stand look inviting. A seating area will bring more visitors to your stand. It’s great to have space where you can relax and chat about your products and services over a coffee.
4. Give away freebies – visitors love free promotional giveaways. The more they see, the more eager they’ll be to visit your stand and help you achieve a successful trade show. You do need to make sure the giveaway is relevant to your brand, is useful to the visitor and most importantly, can be used for a long time! Most popular promotional products include mugs, pens and T-shirts.
5. Follow up leads – a few days after the show is the perfect time for you to follow up, get feedback and thank everyone who attended your event and build that lasting relationship. You don’t want to be giving the ‘hard sell’ at this stage, just enough to keep the relationship developing.